[CM] CM/Grace 3.6 + Fomus Confusion

Bret Battey BBattey at dmu.ac.uk
Sat Jul 31 06:25:17 PDT 2010

OK, things are making much more sense to me now. I was confused in part due to the fact that I'm familiar with the older LISP FOMUS -- and that's what I had already installed on my machine -- and wasn't aware of the new C/C++ alpha version.

So, I downloaded the new C/C++ version of FOMUS from Sourceforge and installed with a double-click, and *presto*, Grace now adds the FOMUS items to its menus appropriately. Couldn't be easier! Very slick.

And I see that the new FOMUS has a new syntax, which looks very straightforward.

[Since the older LISP FOMUS is still out there on the net, might be best to explicitly clarify the distinction and point to the newer version in the Grace/CM documentation.]

Thanks much,
-=Bret