[CM] CM+Fomus to notate MIDI sequence with VSL keyswitches?

Bret Battey bbattey at dmu.ac.uk
Thu Jul 29 06:55:09 PDT 2010

Thanks, David

Actually, I¹ve previously written MAX/MSP code to write FOMUS scores (.txt)
for a Finale target, so I¹m familiar with the basic mechanics (and
limitations). Thanks for the offer though!

One challenge with translating the VSL keyswitches is handling legatos.
After identifying a legato keyswitch, one would start a Fomus slur on the
following note. The instrument remains in legato until some other
articulation is specified. For writing the Fomus score, then, after
identifying a new keyswitch, one would then have to back up to the previous
Fomus score note to add an end-of-slur attribute.  I couldn¹t handle this at
all in the quick and dirty realtime MAX/MSP version I did. Potentially will
be able to with CM assuming I can back up to a previous score objects easily
(been a long time since I tried that in CM ‹ took quite a bit of
head-scratching back then).

(Or, again, might just be faster to correct the slurs by hand in Finale!)

-=Bret