[CM] CM+Fomus to notate MIDI sequence with VSL keyswitches?

David Psenicka dpsenick at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 07:40:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 14:55 +0100, Bret Battey wrote:

> One challenge with translating the VSL keyswitches is handling
> legatos. After identifying a legato keyswitch, one would start a Fomus
> slur on the following note. The instrument remains in legato until
> some other articulation is specified. For writing the Fomus score,
> then, after identifying a new keyswitch, one would then have to back
> up to the previous Fomus score note to add an end-of-slur attribute.
>  I couldn’t handle this at all in the quick and dirty realtime MAX/MSP
> version I did. Potentially will be able to with CM assuming I can back
> up to a previous score objects easily (been a long time since I tried
> that in CM — took quite a bit of head-scratching back then).

I used to have a "continue slur" mark so that slur-end marks wouldn't be
necessary (to avoid exactly the situation you're describing, having to
"back up" a note to put an end-slur mark on it)--but I haven't added
this yet to the C++ version (i thought maybe they made things too
complicated)...  basically fomus would extend the slur up to the last
"continue" mark it finds.  i'll see if i can add this feature in by the
next release.