[CM] building grace

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at kolumbus.fi
Fri Jan 15 08:00:17 PST 2010

On Jan 15, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Heinrich Taube wrote:

> 1. Make sure you have the IAC Driver Bus  active (use Apple's Audio/Midi Setup utilitity)
> 2.  Try testing first with  SimpleSynth since I know this works:
> 		http://notahat.com/simplesynth
> 3. Start SimpleSynth and select "IAC Driver Bus" in its Midi Source menu
>
> 4. Start Grace and Select Audio>MidiOut> IAC Driver Bus 1
>
> 5. Type Command-T  to send a random burst to that port. if you dont hear anythign then there is something wrong with the midi out device or the routing.
>
> 6. If that works try a canonical example like  Help>Examples>Reich  or something.

reich works with simplesynth. Though i don't find IAC, but simplesynth's virtual midi was found too in grace and this configuration seems to be enough.

As i don't have midi i/o in mac, but in linux box, is it possible to read midi events in linux and send them via osc to mac and vice versa?

thanks
-matti