[CM] building grace

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 15 08:20:47 PST 2010

On Jan 15, 2010, at 10:00 AM, Matti Koskinen wrote:

> reich works with simplesynth. Though i don't find IAC, but
> simplesynth's virtual midi was found too in grace and this
> configuration seems to be enough.

If you dont find IAC then you should enable it as it then lets you
route midi to any app on the mac.  Use the Audio/Midi setup utility to
do this. i sent a message out about a week ago on how to do it.

> | As i don't have midi i/o in mac, but in linux box, is it possible
> to read midi events in linux and send them via osc to mac and vice
> versa?

yes but i dont see why you dont enable the iac buss.  you could use
osc, the OSC port seems tp  be working really well. But you have to
build with liblo or wait a day for me to do it. i build liblo
statically, ill have to add a section to readme.text on what to do i
think its

cd liblo-02.6
./configure --enable-static=yes  --disable-shared=yes

but i guess you could build dynamically.

if you did  'make install' in liblo then to build CM  you would do

premake --target gnu --sndlib ../sndlib --liblo /usr/local

if you DONT install liblo then you need to do:

cd path/to/liblo-0.26
mkdir  include
cp -r lo include
mkdir lib
cp src/.libs/*.a lib

cd /path/to/cm
premake --target gnu --sndlib ../sndlib --liblo /path/to/liblo

at that point you might as well build everything by inclduing fomus!
install fomus from sourceforge  and then do:

premake --target gnu --sndlib ../sndlib --liblo /path/to/liblo --
fomus /usr/local/