[CM] building grace

Matti Koskinen mjkoskin at kolumbus.fi
Fri Jan 15 06:58:49 PST 2010

On Jan 15, 2010, at 4:17 PM, Heinrich Taube wrote:

>> i succeeded compiling cm, grace and gracecl adding to flags -m32 -isysroot  /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
>> and using g++ and gcc ver. 4.0
>
> thank you for your perseverance!

you're welcome

>> a quick test with graceCL selecting clisp halted when browsing for clisp.
>
> dont know about either sbcl or clisp. both are working on 10.5. do make sure that you aren't reloading old fasls -- do  rm -r cm2/bin/*  before you start either.

yes it was in file open

>> grace looks like working (define (test x y)(* x y)) gave ok results. Sounds i've not tried, but usb-soundcard blinks, when grace is running so audio is working.
>
> try something that will exercise the whole thing:
>
> select Audio/SndLib/AutoPlay
> select Audio/SndLib/Open INstrument Browser.
> select the line "bigbird"
> click on "load instrument"
> click on "open example" when the editor pops up put your cursor at the end of the line (make-birds)  and hit Command-Enter
> it shoud write a 1 minute soud file and start playing it in the sound file player.

works perfectly
midi examples using qsynth and fluid should work, as grace finds the fluidsynth port and qsynth's light is blinking when midi is sent, but i get no sound. User error i think.

>> I've edited the makefile, as i don't know how to add the flags in .lua t
>

> If you send me the mods to get it compiling on 10.6 ill try to encorporate them in premake.
these have to be inserted both to sndlib and cm
G++ = g++-4.0 (or change the symlink)
CC = gcc-4.0
CPPFLAGS += -isysroot  /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -m32
LDFLAGS += -sysroot  /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -m32