[CM] Midi file format

Maurice van Loon m.vanloon at home.nl
Sat Jan 31 02:28:18 PST 2009

 Maybe this question has been answered but I could not find the answer: If I write a midi-file with the sprout command in CM 3.2.4, the file can be listened to with QuickTime, but when I try to open it in an other program like Finale or Logic and even Ableton Live I get an error due to the format of the file.

I used some standard examples in Grace to try it but it seems that the midi format cannot be read in several programs. Does have anyone the same experience?

Kind regards,

Maurice