[CM] building cm3/Grace on linux

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 30 08:21:23 PST 2009

> i'm not sure what the waveform display should be doing, though. both
> in jucedemo and grace it scrolls random-looking squarewavish bursts
> regardless of what is (or isn't) playing through the player.

the waveform display is sampling the driver, and these values seems to
be highly variable.
you might be able to get it to display a waveform by twidding the
amplitude scaling factor in Audio.h and testing with a very loud sound
until you can see the waveform being drawn. the Cantor example in the
insrument window is a very loud bagpipe (also needs nrev) for example.

edit line 78 in Audio.h and try other values for scaling the 'level'
variable (eg 32.0 or 64.0 etc) to see if you can get a waveform to
appears.

#ifndef JUCE_MAC
         level *= 16.0f;
#endif

i guess ill have to figure out if its possible to auto scale
automatically for devices, if not i can provide a little slider that
would let you adjust it per device...