[CM] cm with chicken

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 11:22:28 PST 2009

Attached is a modified version of premake.lua. Highlights are:

1) --juce --chicken --sndlib take either a source directory or an
installation prefix (eg /usr or /usr/src). They do some simple checks
to autodetect which is the case.

2) In case that a dependency's source directory is given, the library
used is the static one (here I avoided the
one-string-including-all-libs approach in favour of another that takes
advantage of the linkoptions property described at
http://premake.sourceforge.net/configuration).

3) a number of refactorings that hopefully had simplified the script.

One caveat: I'm not sure but as I've reverted to package.links to
specify needed libraries, the macos makefiles could have been broken
(the -framework stuff) . I've no way to test that at home. Anyway, if
we have an issue here, I think using linkoptions as a workaround is
more flexible and less hackish than the one-string trick.

Hope it helps. No hesitate to ask if you have any doubt or need some
help with this.

Regards
-Carlos