[CM] beta2 (fomus on windows and linux)

Ralf Mattes rm at seid-online.de
Fri Aug 14 03:21:59 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-14 at 04:59 -0500, Heinrich Taube wrote:

> > is the beta2 version also available for linux or windows?
> >

> i think david is working on a windows binary.  fomus works on linux
> because that's davids main environment for working so you could
> cerntainly build things there. to compile the whole sndlib + fomus +
> cm software i think youd do it like this
>
> compile and install the latest boost distribution (1.39.0 ?)
> compile and install fomus to /usr/local
> compile sndlib
> compile grace

Struggling with this myself just now:

 Fomus seems to rely on rather new versions of autoconf/automake  - at
least here (Ubuntu 8.10, automake 1.9.6) a _lot_ of m4 macros are
missing. The easiest way to fix this:

 + download a recent version of the autoconf archives:

   wget http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/ac-archive/ac-archive/2007.0205/ac-archive-2007.0205.tar.bz2

 + unpack the archive

   tar xvjf ac-archive-2007.0205.tar.bz2

 + edit 'bootstrap

   - aclocal >/dev/null 2>&1
   + aclocal  -I ac-archive-2007.0205 >/dev/null 2>&1

 + rerun bootstrap

 + run configure / make / sudo make install

 HTH Ralf Mattes