[CM] Re: Csound + Grace

Heinrich Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 05:32:26 -0600

>> But there is a quick solution, just pass on the
>> options
>>
>> -+rtaudio=alsa   to use the native alsa module or

Hi victor, that is what Im doing. this is how i built csound on ubuntu:

	scons usePortAudio=0 usePortMidi=0 useALSA=1 useJack=0 useFLTK=0
buildLoris=0

now, when i start grace I configure the csound port like this:

	Settings: -+rtaudio=ALSA -o dac:hw:0 -d
	CSD File: /home/hkt/grace.csd

but when i open csound i get this error:
	[...]
	audio buffered in 256 sample-frame blocks
	 *** error: unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio'
	Failed to initialise real time audio output

here is the trace:

time resolution is 0.669 ns
0dBFS level = 32768.0
Csound version 5.08 beta (float samples) Feb 28 2008
libsndfile-1.0.17
UnifiedCSD:  /usr/local/src/grace/build/linux/build/Release/Grace/lib/
Grace/csound/grace.csd
STARTING FILE
Creating options
Creating orchestra
Creating score
orchname:  /tmp/file5pvBC4.orc
scorename: /tmp/file4NTHRH.sco
orch compiler:
15 lines read
	instr	1
Elapsed time at end of orchestra compile: real: 0.046s, CPU: 0.000s
sorting score ...
	... done
Elapsed time at end of score sort: real: 0.053s, CPU: 0.000s
Csound version 5.08 beta (float samples) Feb 28 2008
displays suppressed
0dBFS level = 32768.0
orch now loaded
audio buffered in 256 sample-frame blocks
*** error: unknown rtaudio module: 'PortAudio'
Failed to initialise real time audio output
inactive allocs returned to freespace
end of score.		   overall amps:      0.0      0.0
	   overall samples out of range:        0        0
1 errors in performance