[CM] Grace: realtime audio with Csound5

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:56:27 -0600

the csound port in grace seems to be working on linux, at least in
the studio64/hardy environment. I had to install portaudio and build
csound with portaudio enabled even though im not using it and then
its happy.

i was able to sprout multiple i1 processes that cranked out audio in
realtime. the only things im noticing on linux that I don't see on
macosx  are:

(1) when i use the mouse i get lots of csound messages like:
	WARNING: Buffer underrun in real-time audio output
(2) when csound is open  the mouse periodlically turns into a
spinning "in progress" wheel for a second or so even when im doing
nothin. im not sure yet what this is due to

(3) for some reason I cant copy text in firefox and paste it directly
into a grace editor buffer. i have to first paste it into an emacs
buffer, then copy/paste that and paste it into the grace buffer. im
not sure what this behavior is due to, ie if its a juce issue or if
this is normal copy/paste behavior between apps on linux.

best,
rick