[CM] Problems getting started with CLM/CM

Arthur W. Green awg at panix.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:59:37 -0500

Hi!

On Feb 19, 2008, at 3:47 PM, Heinrich Taube wrote:
> Im not sure id recommend using clozure cl at this point, it still
> seems to be under development. i cant even load CM into it on
> intel, and its vanilla common lisp.
> also, ive tried to ClosureCL  with GraceCL but there is some weird
> bug in the error system that prevents it from working under sockets.
> i might be wrong but i think at this point only sbcl and clisp are
> usable on intel osx and for ppc maybe only clisp.

Guessing by the table on commonmusic.sourceforge.net, I would have
figured that CMUCL (rather than SBCL) would be a good backup in case
things didn't work out with Clozure CL.  But, just as you are saying,
I had problems getting that going (also in trying to build CLM, oddly
enough) before biting the bullet and trying Clozure CL.  *sigh*  :-)

I'll build SBCL and give it a go.

\\ Arthur