[CM] music5?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at cesmail.net
Mon Apr 28 19:12:35 PDT 2008

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> I kept digging around where I found that PDP-10 printout, and
> found a listing of Music V for the PDP-11 (it's calling itself
> music11), a complete copy of the Music IV programmer's
> manual (Mathews and Miller), Technical Information for the
> Baldwin Model 5 Electronic Organ; not to mention innumerable
> old language manuals, the best of which is Spitbol.
> I feel like an archaeologist.

I thought I had a copy of Max Matthews' book on the MUSIC series, but I
haven't been able to find it. Regarding the PDP-11 version, you might
check with Barry Vercoe to see if he has any insight. IIRC the first
version of CSound was on  the PDP-11 and was a more or less direct port
of Music-11. Laurie Spiegel might also know something about it.

PDP-11 Fortran would be a lot easier to port to Linux. :)