[CM] Resampling in SND

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri, 18 May 2007 06:29:16 -0700

>  can anyone advise on the best quality re-sampling option?

src-sound is Snd's resampler; its quality depends to some extent
on the sinc-width (this sets the length of the section of sound that
is convolved with a sinc function during the conversion).  The
src speed is directly proportional to this width, so its default in
Snd is 10 -- this is about as small as it can be, so you will sometimes
hear artifacts -- Perry Cook liked 40 as a default, and I've heard
cases where I had to use 100 -- listen to the result and if it
sounds fine, you've got the right choice.  Look under sinc-width
in extsnd.html for a test case.