[CM] CM/CLM w. Lispworks

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 04:38:57 -0700

> The CLM sources removed lispworks-support somewhere around 2005 and
> the release of CLM-3.  What hacks would be needed to get it going
> again?

I still have the Lispworks code (mostly from 2000), and would be willing to
add it back in if you're interested in it.  When it was removed, there was
a bug that shared libraries would not load.  Has anything changed in the
FFI since 2000?

> as for sndlib2clm.lisp -- why not add a cffi binding instead of one
> specifically for lispworks?

CFFI is not an option for CLM -- no support for arrays, which is crucial.
Also, all the other FFI code already exists, so nothing is gained by adding
a frail dependency (last change: Sept 2006 -- every time I look,
for example at sourceforge, it seems that 99% of the projects
are dead).