[CM] translating spirals into music CLM

Thomas Lambert thomaslambert@altern.org
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:15:27 +0200 (CEST)

>From my point of view, clm is an instrument to which you give frequency
information to generate sound. If I wanted to do that spiral, i'd build a
tuning in common music (cf common music's website) because it's the
frequency information you want to control.

If you know the frequencies to have a "true" fifth, then you can add one
fifth on another. The first and 12th fifth will be the same note but won't
sound well together. In french it's called, "la quinte du loup", the
wolf's fifth, cause it's howling.

Then you'd have to calculate every interval 2nd, minor third, third ect,
based on every fifth (i guess, but while i think of it it may be trickier)
and you'd have you're tuning.

I'd be happy to hear what you really did, this is an interesting subject

Thomas