[CM] More XP & CLM

Phil Sexton philsexton@InfoAve.Net
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:43:34 -0500

Landspeedrecord wrote:
> Using Planet-CCRMA is not really an option for me.  It does look
> interesting though and I will probably try it out for fun.
>
> I have many good reasons for wanting to stay solely on an XP platform:
>
> 1) Years of experience & skills that center around WinXP only audio
> software.
> 2) Tons o' cash sunk into XP only audio software.
> 3) Oodles of money sunk into gear that probably wouldn't run at all on a
> linux platform. (Digi002, Tascam FW-1884 etc...)
> 4) I don't want to have to learn a whole new operating system and all
> its peculiarities.
> 5) I do not want to have to depend on 2 seperate computers (one XP & one
> Linux) to work on one project.  It would be inefficient and distracting.
>
> Surely others have come to this forum asking to get CLM working on XP.
> My question and problems can't be all that unusual, XP doesn't vary too
> much.  Basically there is SP1 & SP2 and that is it.  I would think there
> are many potential CM/CLM users who have XP only and who will give up on
> CM/CLM due to lack of any documentation about getting it working on XP.
>
> If I can get help figuring out how to get CLM working I would be more
> than happy to create a web page explaining how other XP users can
> accomplish it.

So it's too hard to add a hard drive and install Linux on it and dual boot?

I run Windows XP Pro very seldom, only to play games and I very seldom
do that.

You enjoy wasting money more than running a real OS? Avoid Windows Vista
is all I can say.  Linux works for me and it just cost me the price of
burning a few CDs.

--
Phil Sexton
Naomi's Fancy: http://www.naomisfancy.net/