[CM] More XP & CLM

Landspeedrecord landspeedrecord@gmail.com
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:32:59 -0500

------=_Part_39297_142292.1169850779509

Using Planet-CCRMA is not really an option for me.  It does look interesting
though and I will probably try it out for fun.

I have many good reasons for wanting to stay solely on an XP platform:

1) Years of experience & skills that center around WinXP only audio
software.
2) Tons o' cash sunk into XP only audio software.
3) Oodles of money sunk into gear that probably wouldn't run at all on a
linux platform. (Digi002, Tascam FW-1884 etc...)
4) I don't want to have to learn a whole new operating system and all its
peculiarities.
5) I do not want to have to depend on 2 seperate computers (one XP & one
Linux) to work on one project.  It would be inefficient and distracting.

Surely others have come to this forum asking to get CLM working on XP.  My
question and problems can't be all that unusual, XP doesn't vary too much.
Basically there is SP1 & SP2 and that is it.  I would think there are many
potential CM/CLM users who have XP only and who will give up on CM/CLM due
to lack of any documentation about getting it working on XP.

If I can get help figuring out how to get CLM working I would be more than
happy to create a web page explaining how other XP users can accomplish it.