[CM] Two minor bugs in snd-8 preferences menu

Carlos Pita carlosjosepita@yahoo.com.ar
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 11:33:06 +0000 (GMT)

> What version of Snd is this?  (what does ./snd
> --version print out?).  Also, if possible, what is
the stack
> trace at the point of the seg fault?

snd --version

  ==> This is Snd version 8.4 of 6-Sep-06.

But I observed the same behaviour with:

snd --version

  ==> This is Snd version 8.3 of 30-Jul-06

I got any detail more than:

   Caught seg fault (will try to continue):

(even when show-backtrace is #t)

To reproduce the failure I simply commented out (set!
(colormap) 1) from .snd_prefs_guile.

Are you sure that none of your initialization scripts
is setting this option to some value before the first
time you open the preferences dialog?

Also, the -1 value seems to be a somehow indirect
consequence of the seg fault, so it's not surprising
that you don't get it as long as you can't reproduce
the error in the first term.

Regards,
Carlos

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.