[CM] C compiler error when compiling CLM instruments

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 04:18:37 -0700

> The instruments in /usr/share/common-lisp/source/clm have not been
> compiled. Should I write a program to do this myself (not terribly
> difficult) or is there a "correct" way to make this happen?

Normally, I think, people only compile the instruments that interest
them.  clm-test.lisp compiles and runs all of them.

> Also, I have to specify the full path to
> /usr/share/common-lisp/source/clm when loading an instrument that has
> been compiled. Is there any way to get it to try loading from there
> automatically, something analogous to emacs' "load-path"?

perhaps *default-pathname-defaults*.

>     (if (string= "ins" (pathname-type file))
>      (load file)))))

this may work sometimes in sbcl, but it's much safer to compile the instrument
file first (use compile-file as in compile-and-load in all.lisp) -- see below.

>  setf: unknown accessor: MOOG-Q in (MOOG-Q F)

I think this is happening in filter-noise.ins which expects moog.lisp
to be already compiled and loaded.  Ideally it would handle that requirement
in some debonair manner.

> /usr/share/common-lisp/source/clm/clm_GRAPHEQ.c:161: error: invalid lvalue in
assignment

This is a case where you have to compile the instrument file first --
just (load "grapheq.ins") doesn't work.