[CM] Does cm and portmidi support polyphony?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:32:06 -0600

> If I install the latest version of the CM (from CVS) do I have to
> modify the codes presented in the book?
> If so, major changes?

i think very little has changed that is really incompatible, but of
course there will be lots of additional functionality like rts, use-
system and so on.

the one incompatible thing that comes to mind is the renaming of the
random pattern class to weighting. im sure there are some other
things but nothing comes to mind right now.

note that in the rts package the function call syntax of rts has
changed from its earlier definition (it no longer accepts a list of
initial ojects):

	http://commonmusic.sf.net/doc/dict/rts-fn.html