[CM] snd 8.3

Pam & Harold Norris phnorris@verizon.net
Sat, 05 Aug 2006 16:30:15 -0400

Hi,

I've been a silent reader of this list for quite a while.   Now I have a
question.

I am not an expert with snd and don't really have the time to become one.

I am setting up a computer based system for recording our church
services. I have 4 very well behaved sound cards and wish to record 8
channels of realtime audio.  So far I have gotten 8 inputs and 8
channels of audio being stored on the hard disk.

Where I am having a problem is assigning card 2 input 1 to output 3,
card 4 input 2 to output 8  etc instead of having it go to output 1, or
2.  It seems that snd assumes that I only have 2 outputs and sets up the
system accordingly.  I can change it to do what I want it to do but I
would like to set up my requirements in a startup file like
.snd_prefs_guile.

Is there any way I can do this ??

Thanks

Harold