[CM] Snd + Gauche

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 19:07:17 -0500

> Well, I think Rick should have supported rscheme instead of stklos and
> gauche. I think the "r" in rscheme actually stands for "realtime", not
> sure... At least, it is a realtime scheme, so it makes very much

apropos, i think Todd and I just got the C RTS working in Gauche about
1 minute ago:

gosh> (do ((now (rts:scheduler-time) (+ now 500))
      (num 1 (+ num 1)))
     ((= num 10) #t)
   (rts:scheduler-enqueue num 0 now 1))
#t
gosh> 1 0 21297

---
I did see rscheme a year or so ago, and yes its certainly an
interesting scheme. but at that time i didnt see any object system.
thats been the main stumbling block to scheme porting for me, the lack
of an object system, or a crappy useless one.

But I really like Gauche. Unlike some scheme projects Shiro-san doesnt
dither around endlessly, and he is serious about supporting his
software on multiple platforms, and he is very helpful even to naive
schemers like me.  and Naoki Koguro's c-wrapper ffi for Gauche is the
easiest ffi ive used (and unfortunately ive seen plenty). I mean what
could be easier than:

(use c-wrapper)
(c-load-library "libc.so")
(c-include "stdio.h")