[CM] libpg.dll

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 14:57:18 -0600

> As you may know, Csound 5 is nearing some sort of release status. I
> have a working CLisp FFI interface for the procedural Csound 5 API.

if you supply an asdf loading script "csound5.asd" (or whatever) then
lispers could load it using asdf and cm could do (use-system :csound5)
:)

> Obviously CFFI would be better, and an object-oriented interface
> better yet. Do you know of any automated tools for producing such
> interfaces? SWIG works for Guile, but I can't run or build Guile on my
> PC for some reason.

look at verazano, AKA "fetter":

	http://common-lisp.net/project/fetter/

its based in part on GCC-XML:

	http://www.gccxml.org/

which (presumably) you could transform to lisp expressions using S-XML
or some other tool:

	http://common-lisp.net/project/s-xml/

i havent had the courage yet to actaully try any ogf this, but todd
ingals has experience and perhaps can chime in...

--rick