[CM] Re: CM 2.6.0 on Tiger, slime support

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 16 May 2005 06:20:24 -0500

> Hi Rick,
>
> on Tiger my CM.app doesn't find Emacs.

I think the Japanese Emacs group has a Tiger build of Emacs 22.0.50.1 :

http://macemacsjp.sourceforge.jp/package/EmacsCVS-Tiger-latest.dmg

Ive been using their (Panther) version for several weeks now and like
it very much. If you want  normal Mac keyboard shortcuts available on
the Apple key,  turn on their "Mac Key mode" by adding add this to your
.emacs file:
	(mac-key-mode)

There is another Emacs called AquaMacs that you could try, I posted a
message about the new OS X Emacsen last week. I guess I should update
CM emacs page.

While im on Emacs topics, CVS versions of cm.sh and cm.el are now
"slime aware", that is, they use Slime as the Lisp connection if your
initfile loaded slime. cm.el also defines (but does not install) an
alternate C-x C-e that evals at point, in region and after exprs and
prints the results in the REPL. If you are on OSX it installs the
command on APPLE-E. Ive tried out slime for several weeks now but am
probably going to stop using it -- i spend more time dealing with its
idosyncracies  than its worth. i still cant fix the readtable problem.
Last week i spent several hours debugging a weird package error that
turned out not to be a problem once i ditched slime!

--rick