[CM] Supercollider and CM

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 10 May 2005 07:36:09 -0500

is there any advantage to generating sc scores as text files other than
being able directly see/edit the results? If not, then implementing a
lisp version of the 'dumposc' OSC utility is the way to go since the
osc layer needs to be there in any case in order to do realtime
supercollider, or to (possibly) interact with other osc aware
applications in the future. with a dumposc function you could get a
text file for those cases when you need to see/edit contents and we
would not have to populate the sources with duplicate write-event
methods that also have to be maintained.  if you wanted to generate
text files all the time, you could simply use 'set-sc-output-hook!' to
set a personal hook that translates the .osc file after its written and
then execs supercollider with it.

does a 'dumposc' function seem like a reasonable solution to you?

--rick