[CM] question on audio distributions, CCRMA or Agnula, others?

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 06:35:49 -0600

>> Ugly hack only. Building the debs is actually rather trivial - it's
>> the
>> dependency checking that is rather hard if you want it to be usefull.

there are no dependencies. since the last release of cm you can build
all the systems separately then load what you want at run time. for
example, depending on what im doing these days i start cm and then load
in either clm2 or clm3. if midishare is properly installed it is
automatically loaded.
current -- saving images doesnt make much sense anymore unless your
goal is to keep a snapshot "stable" (whatever that means with software
like this!)  all three -- clm, cmn and cm -- check at runtime to see if
their fasls are out of data, and if so, they get compiled so
installation and running is identical. so for cm installation is:
	tar -zxf cm.tar.gz
and running is:
	cm/bin/cm.sh

asdf installs can just load src/cm.lisp or if they need more control,
load src/make.lisp and call make-cm with the appropriate arguments.