[CM] question on audio distributions, CCRMA or Agnula, others?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb@cesmail.net
Tue, 01 Mar 2005 20:21:22 -0800

rm@fabula.de wrote:

>I'd rather go for ASDF-installable versions of cm/clm/cmn. That's all that's
>needed to cooperate with CLC.

I think that's the approach the Gentoo packager is taking, but without
documentation, I have know way of knowing what he is doing or why. :)
Since I've got the attention of CM/CLM/CMN users, what are the tradeoffs
between having them individually packaged and packaged as a bundle as
described in the documentation? I do plan to use both CM and CLM, but
probably not CMN. So if I get them packaged separately, it will be a
minor inconvenience, and if I get them packaged as a bundle, there might
be a memory hit at run time I don't need.

>Ugly hack only. Building the debs is actually rather trivial - it's the
>dependency checking that is rather hard if you want it to be usefull.

Yeah ... especially when you have the option of Guile, Clisp, CMUCL or
SBCL as you do with CM 2.5.0.