[CM] [SND] Illegal instruction (core dumped)

rm@fabula.de rm@fabula.de
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:09:44 +0100

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 04:35:27AM -0800, Bill Schottstaedt wrote:
> > Mandrake 10.1 PPC
>
> I just noticed this -- linuxPPC?  I had LinuxPPC running at home
> for about 3 days -- just to tell the tale would take another 3 days;
> the machine in question is now in a closet because I can't figure
> out how to dispose of it.  I'm very interested in this port --

Can you elaborate? I'm using LinuxPPC/Debian for quite a while now.
What where your problems?
It's true that using a PPC shows a lot of sloppy programmers
(no, little endian 32Bit isn't the only architecture in the world :-)

> there were bus errors (now that I think back) that had to do
> with bizarre gcc mixups -- I remember fixing one -- audio.c
> line 9654.  If you have nothing but time on your hands, perhaps
> I could send a tarball of the snd-test.scm test sound files
> to run snd-test on that system?

Well, send it over, i'll try to test

 Cheers Ralf Mattes