[CM] Building snd from source

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer@gmx.de
Sun, 23 May 2004 14:39:45 +0200 (CEST)

From: Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@notam02.no>
Subject: Re: [CM] Building snd from source
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 17:35:24 +0200 (CEST)

> > There is some misunderstanding between the "loop" """button""" at the
> > very right side just below the sound graphs and the LOOP button which
> > comes with dlp.
>
> I don't think you should mix the loop-functionality in snd_conffile.scm
> and the one in Dave Phillips code. Use just one of them.

  Yes...I see... but as a newbie I didn't see the incompabilities before...sorry...

> > If the right loop button is pressed, and you start looping with the
> > LOOP button of dlp, you cannot get out of the mode of looped playing
> > anymore without restarting snd, regardless what is pressed, depressed
> > or so...
>
> Thats expected I guess. Sorry, I don't use the button-panel and didn't
> think about this.

  ..but at least for a newbie it is a little confusing that provided
  functionality which comes with the archive should better not touched
  -- otherwise you cannot get out of the program other than to
  reboot...

  May be the program should be a little more "newbie safe" ? ;)

> > PS: Is "no" of your email address for "norway", Kjetil ?
>
> Yes.

  :) thx !