[CM] Building snd from source

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Sat, 22 May 2004 04:32:35 -0700

 >  Is "load" the same as "load-from-path" with the difference, that
 >  load needs a full path specification and load-from-path does not ?

Yes -- "load-from-path" is a Guile function that uses %load-path to
search for a file, whereas "load" looks only for the filename
passed to it (I think!).  In Snd, if snd-remember-paths is
set, the %load-hook is extended to add new paths to that list
as they are encountered (the actual code is in snd-xen.c).
The one complication is that both Snd and Guile have a file
named "debug.scm" (groan).  I sort of wish "load" did the
search, since I never remember this distinction until I hit
an error.