[CM] Re: Building snd from source

Meino Christian Cramer Meino.Cramer@gmx.de
Sat, 22 May 2004 01:48:40 +0200 (CEST)

From: Frank Barknecht <fbar@footils.org>
Subject: Re: [CM] Re: Building snd from source
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 19:09:40 +0200

Hi Frank,

> Hallo,
> Meino Christian Cramer hat gesagt: // Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
>
> >  Seconds before I received your mail I sent one to Frank, which
> >  marks the below question of mine with "???" -- so I thought I had
> >  spoken "german English" again...
>
> I actually intended to express, that I didn't know the answer. Lazy
> me...

  No problem... :)

> >  The one thing I """hate""" (sorry for that strong word) with the
> >  motified snd is, that the strings of the buttons, menus and such are
> >  so tiny (my screen is 1600x1200 pixies) and the file selector box has
> >  a not so useable retro design compared with things seen while using
> >  gimp (for example) -- but this is not meant as a complaint or critic...!
>
> This really is better with the Gtk version, which has the modern look
> you are (at least I am) probably used to.

  I didn't got the gtk'ed version to work for me...but I am sure, I am
  the problem here ;-]

> >  Yes, you are right, Bill!
> >  I copied snd_conffile.scm to .snd and changed some paths and
> >  commented out a few load's, because they gave warning and error
> >  messages...I think I haven't installed something not completly
> >  right....
>
> Could be.

  ...better would be an complete thesis about what I was doing wrong,
  hahahahaha (just kidding!)

> Actually I am using the upstream snd_conffile.scm and

  (sorry..."upstream" ??? what do you mean...my English fails here...)

> overwrote what I didn't like in ~/.snd like the looping. That way I
> can profit from changes/bug fixes immediatly.
>
> >  I didn't use a rpm or deb archive. I downloaded the snd-7.tar.gz (by
> >  the way: compressing it to bz2 instead, while save a lot of bytes and
> >  makes my modem not glowing red while downloading ;)))))) and compiled
> >  the stuff myself.
>
> You could also start using CVS to check out snd from Sourceforge. This
> will save a lot of bandwidth, because as you (will) see, things can
> get fixed or updated really fast with Bill. ;)

  Oh yeah!...Currently doing the co!
  Thanks for your help, Frank!

> Here's my snd:

  "Hear my sound"

  Hahahahahahhahaha!

  That will help me A LOT!

> $ snd --help
> Snd is a sound editor; see http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/.This is Snd version 7.4 of 17-May-04:
>     Xen: 1.11, Guile: 1.6.3
>     ALSA 1.0.4
>     Sndlib 19.1 (27-Apr-04, int24 samples, with modules)
>     CLM 2.48 (11-May-04)
>     fftw-3.0.1-sse2
>     Gtk+ 2.2.4, Glib 2.2.3
>     LADSPA 1.1
>     with large file support
>     with gettext: LC_CTYPE=de_DE@euro;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=C;LC_COLLATE=C;LC_MONETARY=C;LC_MESSAGES=C;LC_PAPER=C;LC_NAME=C;LC_ADDRESS=C;LC_TELEPHONE=C;LC_MEASUREMENT=C;LC_IDENTIFICATION=C
>     Compiled May 17 2004 12:56:42
>     C: 3.3.3 (Debian 20040321)
>     Libc: 2.3.2.stable
>
>     configured via: ./configure --with-jack --with-alsa --with-esd=no --with-ladspa --without-ruby --with-guile --with-modules --with-editres --with-static-xm --with-gtk

	  mine looks like this (currently):

	Snd is a sound editor; see http://ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/.This is Snd version 7.5 of 18-May-04:
    Xen: 1.11, Guile: 1.6.4
    ALSA 1.0.4
    Sndlib 19.1 (27-Apr-04, int24 samples)
    CLM 2.48 (11-May-04)
    fftw-3.0.1
    Motif 2.1.30 X11R6
    Xpm 3.4.11
    LADSPA 1.1
    with large file support
    with gettext: C
    Compiled May 19 2004 15:59:17
    C: 3.3.3
    Libc: 2.3.2.stable

    configured via: ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-alsa --with-motif --with-ladspa --with-static-xm

> and my ~/.snd:

  Again, this will help me a lot! Especially because it is not only
  "pure lisp" but with comments!

  Thank you very much, Frank!

  Keep snd'ing!
  Meino