[CM] Building snd from source

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen k.s.matheussen@notam02.no
Sat, 22 May 2004 17:02:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

> To Bill:
> My guess is that when the player reach the end of the selection,
> the stop-playing-hook is called before actually stopping
> the playing. What happens is that the stop-playing-hook
> code (the function "c-play-selection2" in snd_conffile.scm)
> starts playing another time before the other one was
> stopped. And then I have a feeling that for some reason
> "c-play-selection2" is called yet another time when the
> first playing really stops, which it shouldn't. If that
> makes sense... At least I certainly think theres something
> different with the stop-playing-hook handling thats causing
> this.

Got a bit closer. The reason for the overlooping thing is that
stop-playing-hook is called the same number of times as there
are channels in the soundfile, instead of just once as before.
I guess this behaviour could makes sense in some way, but there
wasn't any info about it in the manual. Is this a feature or a
bug?