[CM] error on snd startup

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 04:37:39 -0700

If you're using a version of Snd that's more than a couple days
old (I think you are), you need to

make clean

after you run configure.  In the current version, any change
to config.h causes everything to be recompiled. I don't know
if OSX has ldd -- maybe there's some equivalent -- in Linux,

ldd snd

will tell you what (shared?) libraries are being loaded.
In Snd, (version) will report the Guile version, which
should match the "help" info.

I'll add some variable to handle the guile-1.6 business.

 > trurl:~ cewing$ snd -l /usr/local/snd-7/fix-optargs.scm
 > ERROR: Syntax error in fixed argument declaration.

This could happen if your ~/.snd file uses define* -- try
snd -noinit

I think you can set the CFLAGS and LDFLAGS variables in the
arguments to configure, rather than using setenv.

 > ld: Undefined symbols:
 > __XEditResGet16

You must have defined HAVE_EDITRES.