[CM] error on snd startup

cristopher pierson ewing cewing@u.washington.edu
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:01:46 -0700 (PDT)

So,  I've done some more snooping on my own here, and have discovered the
following.  Running 'snd --version' gives the following:

trurl:/usr/local/snd-7 admin$ snd --version
This is Snd version 7.5 of 16-Jun-04:
    Xen: 1.13, Guile: 1.4
    Mac OSX audio
    Sndlib 19.1 (27-Apr-04, int24 samples)
    CLM 2.53 (14-June-04)
    FFTW V2.1.5 ($Id: executor.c,v 1.68 2003/03/16 23:43:46 stevenj Exp $)
    Motif 2.2.2 X11R6
    Xpm 3.4.11
    with large file support
    Compiled Jun 21 2004 15:48:56
    C: 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1640)

    configured via: ./configure --with-guile --with-motif --with-static-xm
--disable-nls --without-gls

It seems that snd is seeing a different version of guile than I thought.

Earlier, i had some trouble with fink and so I installed guile 1.4 from
source, not using fink.  the 'guile' and 'guile-config' executables from
this install were in /usr/local/bin, and when I saw this message the first
time, I went there and removed them.  Now, the only guile-config or guile
I have on my machine is in /sw/bin.  I have set the environmental variable
GUILE_LOAD_PATH to /sw/share/guile/1.6 which is where fink installed it.
I have also used the GUILE_CONFIG_path variable as an argument to
configure to find the right version.  As configure runs, I see the
following lines go by:

checking for /usr/lib/snd/bin/guile-config... no
checking for Guile... 1.6.4
checking for scm_set_smob_apply in -lm... no
checking for scm_remember_upto_here in -lm... no
checking for scm_make_real in -lm... yes
checking for scm_object_to_string in -lm... no
checking for scm_num2long_long in -lm... yes
checking for scm_num2int in -lm... no
checking for scm_c_make_vector in -lm... no
checking for scm_c_define in -lm... no
checking for scm_c_define_gsubr in -lm... no
checking for scm_c_eval_string in -lm... no
checking for scm_list_n in -lm... no
checking for scm_str2symbol in -lm... no
checking for scm_defined_p in -lm... no
checking for scm_port_p in -lm... no
checking for scm_mem2string in -lm... no
checking for scm_continuation_p in -lm... no
checking for scm_make_ratio in -lm... no
checking for scm_make_complex in -lm... yes
checking for scm_c_define_module in -lm... no
checking for scm_t_catch_body... no
checking for scm_t_guard... no

It appears that configure thinks I have guile 1.6.4.

The makefile that results shows this:

GUILE_LIBS = -L/sw/lib -lguile -lguile-ltdl -lm
XM_LIBS = -L/sw/lib -lguile -lguile-ltdl -lm
GUILE_CFLAGS = -I/sw/include

These directories are all consistent with the build of guile1.6 that I
have installed via fink.

And yet, when all is said and done, running 'snd --version' still reports
that I have GUILE 1.4!!!

How can I get rid of all traces of the former installation of guile 1.4 so
that snd will build with the proper version?

Suggestions?

Many thanks in advance,

Cris

Cris Ewing