[CM] error on snd startup

cristopher pierson ewing cewing@u.washington.edu
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:25:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm trying to start SND built on a g5 using openmotif3 and guile-1.6.4.

When i try running the snd command from a terminal window or from and
xterm window i get the following error:

trurl:~ cewing$ snd
ERROR: Syntax error in fixed argument declaration.

The README file in the snd tarball dist says the following:

If you're running Guile 1.4 and get:
    Syntax error in fixed argument declaration.
you've hit a use of the newer (Guile 1.5) optargs syntax.  To get around
this, load fix-optargs.scm before anything else.

I'm not running guile 1.4, but I figure what the hell, I'll try anyway, so
I run the following:

trurl:~ cewing$ snd -l /usr/local/snd-7/fix-optargs.scm
ERROR: Syntax error in fixed argument declaration.

same error.  hmmmmm.

Any ideas?

Cris Ewing
CME and Telehealth Web Services