[CM] 2nd International Linux Audio Conference

28 Apr 2004 03:25:59 -0700

> I claim that anyone using Snd is using CLM in realtime,
> all the time. The Common Lisp version could be used
> in realtime with great difficulty, but that (the difficulty)
> is not CLM's fault (I've seen this non-realtime bogosity
> so many times I'm becoming cranky about it).

Sorry about this... I'll make it clear that it can be used in real time
as well.

When I have used clm for pieces, I have never used it in its realtime
mode because I immediately start creating stuff that cannot be rendered
in that mode  because the computer is not fast enough (and I think
computers will never will be "fast enough" for me, every time a faster
computer comes along I manage to start doing more complicated things -
the average wait for rendering is probably a constant for me :-)

-- Fernando