[CM] i want that nice gui too

Bill Schottstaedt bil@ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 04:30:49 -0700

 > Maybe snd also could parse ~/.gtkrc first, then afterwards the
 > snd-specific one.

It now looks for ~/.gtkrc-2.0 which, if found, overrides all of
Snd's defaults (including the happy button colors), then Snd.gtkrc,
then ~/Snd.gtkrc, then uses its built-in defaults.

 > Perhaps the configure script should more loudly warn the user
 > that ladspa.h is missing *if* the user specifies it in the config options ?

It prints a warning now.

 > When I split the soundfile display into frequency and waveform
 > displays only half the waveform appears.

I can't seem to get this to happen -- there are several bugs in this
part of Snd, but they're tangled up in the way the various components
(openGL, Motif, the GL-Motif connection) interact with X, and I haven't
yet figured out what's going on.  Does it fix anything to force
Snd to update its displays?