[CM] i want that nice gui too

Dave Phillips dlphilp@bright.net
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:42:08 -0400

Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> > When I split the soundfile display into frequency and waveform
> > displays only half the waveform appears.
>
> I can't seem to get this to happen -- there are several bugs in this
> part of Snd, but they're tangled up in the way the various components
> (openGL, Motif, the GL-Motif connection) interact with X, and I haven't
> yet figured out what's going on.  Does it fix anything to force
> Snd to update its displays?

Hi Bill:

  The problem seems to occur only when I'm running full-screen. I have
an nVidia GForce2 card with the nVidia driver, and I'm running my screen
at 1280x1024. Would it help to build Snd --with-big-colormap ?

  Btw, see if this routine makes the error happen for you:

    Open Snd with a file (snd some.wav)
    Click to view Frequency display along with Waveform
    Set frequency display to Spectrogram (OpenGL active)
    Go full-screen
    Click off Waveform display, then click it back on (i.e., both
displays still on-screen)

  If the problem doesn't occur for you then I have some other
difficulty, probably with my system.

  Thanks for looking at it, Bill, and thanks again for the fixes to the
dlp stuff. Snd is back on track here...

Best,

dp