[CM] Problem building lates Gtk Snd / errors using Motif Snd

Frank Barknecht fbar@footils.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 20:09:29 +0200

Hallo,
Bill Schottstaedt hat gesagt: // Bill Schottstaedt wrote:

> Doesn't "strip" make debugging more difficult?  I could add an
> option for that to the make file, I guess -- will check.

strip removes debugging symbols and several others, that's true. But
for "normal" users who don't run Snd under gdb anyway this wouldn't
matter so much. I think, many packages like the Debian packages strip
the binary anyway. Maybe the "install" target should strip the binary,
and those doing actual development may start snd from the build
directory.

Ciao