[CM] looking for documentation for beginner

taube@uiuc.edu taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:14:11 -0500

I'm sorry, I can see I need to add a patterns "topic" entry to
the dictionary. At one point I had an html overview -- Ill
find and update it and add it back in. All this information
can be found in the patterns chapter of Notes from the
Metallevel but unfortunately I have not had the time to move
the specifics into the dictionary yet.

So until I can do this Im afraid tthe best way to really see
what is available is to look at the source code: either
cm/src/patterns.scm or cm/src/pattens.lisp depending on what
lisp you use. Since the .lisp version is autogenerated from
the scheme soruces you will only find my commnets (such as
they are...) in the .scm version of CM's soruces.  f

For documentation of the object system(s) look at the CLOS
chapter in the Common Lisp spec (its online somewhere) or the
GOOPS chapter in the Guile scheme manual.

the :notes and :keynums pattern inits are both "synonyms" for
:of  except that they coerce their data into note names and
key numbers, respectively.

the superclass of all pattern classes is 'pattern'