[CM] definstrument (warning: newbie)

Brian solar@udlug.org
Tue, 6 Apr 2004 00:14:35 -0400 (EDT)

hello,
i hope someone has a second to help a clueless clm newbie.  i'm using
Planet CCRMA's full distribution on Fedora Core 1.  after getting
everything installed, i'm excited to dive into learning clm (cm-cmucl),
but i'm stuck at the beginning of the manual

<http://www-ccrma.stanford.edu/software/snd/snd/clm.html>

on the first example which uses definstrument.  i've pasted the error
below.  since i'm also new to common lisp, i can't even begin to infer
what the problem might be.  (note: the example above in the manual, which
uses "defun"), works fine...)

any help, tips, or pointers to get me started debugging would be greatly
appreciated!

thanks,
brian

CMU Common Lisp CVS snapshot 2003-12, running on
dsl027-183-246.sfo1.dsl.speakeasy.net
With core: /usr/lib/cmucl/lib/lisp.core
Dumped on: Sun, 2003-11-30 06:00:10-08:00 on lorien.users.earthlink.net
See <http://www.cons.org/cmucl/> for support information.
Loaded subsystems:
    Python 1.1, target Intel x86
    CLOS based on Gerd's PCL 2003/06/18 09:23:09
* (definstrument simp (start-time duration frequency amplitude)
  (multiple-value-bind (beg end) (times->samples start-time duration)
    (let ((s (make-oscil frequency)))
      (run
       (loop for i from beg below end do
         (outa i (* amplitude (oscil s))))))))

Error in function (:MACRO DEFINSTRUMENT):
   oops -- I can't find SIMP's lisp source file!
   [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

((:MACRO DEFINSTRUMENT)
 (DEFINSTRUMENT SIMP
                (START-TIME DURATION FREQUENCY AMPLITUDE)
                (MULTIPLE-VALUE-BIND # # #))
 NIL)
Source: Error finding source:
Error in function DEBUG::GET-FILE-TOP-LEVEL-FORM:  Source file no longer
exists:
  /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/clm-2/defins.lisp.
0]