[CM] looking for documentation for beginner

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:46:44 -0500

CM runs in scheme (Guile) and Common Lisp. When you build CM in Common
Lisp it defines  common scheme operators so that you can write musical
programs that will run in any port of CM, regardless of what Lisp
implementation you happen to be using that day. Of course, I could have
defined Common Lisp operators in scheme but I chose the reverse becuase
(in my opinion...) Scheme's names are more consistent and easier to
learn and teach.

New is documented here:

http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/dict/index.html

it does appear that :of is missing from the dictionary and Ill fix that
in the next release , sorry!
  :of is a keyword argument for patterns, its the argument that
introduces the data to put in the pattern:

(new cycle :of '(a b c d e))
(new heap :of '(a b c d e))