[CM] cm install fails with cmucl

Orm Finnendahl finnendahl@folkwang-hochschule.de
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 16:04:41 +0100

Am 07. November 2003, 08:33 Uhr (-0600) schrieb Rick Taube:
> If you got the sources from CVS, did you remember to generate the CLTL
> sources before trying to build?   CVS holds scheme code (as much as
> possible)  So to build from CVS for any CLTL you need to do this first:
>
> > (load "/lisp/cm-2.4.0/src/stocl")
> > (gencm)
>
> see Step 4 under:
> 	http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/install.html#install_cvs

That was the problem, sorry again. I wasn't even aware you had to do
that in spite our previous discussions and the install docs. This
clearly isn't my day.

Regarding the build: Loading cm.lisp now starts up fine but dies here
after lots of output (hope I didn't mess up again):

; Compiling DEFPARAMETER *PROCESS-OPERATORS*:
; Compiling DEFPARAMETER *PROCESS-OPERATORS*:
; Byte Compiling Top-Level Form:
; Converted PROCESS.
; Compiling DEFMACRO PROCESS:
; Converted DEFPROCESS.
; Compiling DEFMACRO DEFPROCESS:
; Byte Compiling Top-Level Form:
; Compiling "/Lisp/src/objects.lisp".

Error in C::BYTE-FDEFN-FUNCTION-OR-LOSE-XOP: the function PARSE-FOR is
undefined.

Restarts:
  0: [CONTINUE] Return NIL from load of "/Lisp/bin/objects.x86f".
  1:            Return NIL from load of "/Lisp/src/cm.lisp".
  2: [ABORT   ] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(C::BYTE-FDEFN-FUNCTION-OR-LOSE-XOP #<Code Object "Top-Level Form" {4875505F}>
                                    7
                                    8
                                    74)
Source:
; File: target:code/byte-interp.lisp
(ERROR 'UNDEFINED-FUNCTION :NAME (FDEFN-NAME FDEFN))
0]