[CM] Installing CM under Cygwin on Windows XP

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:08:15 -0600

Yes, listener.el is meant as a substitute for ilisp. its built on top
of inf-lisp. It's to be used with a graphic (non-tty) Emacs or Xemacs
and provides a dedicated Listener frame and a Listener menu for all
lisp-mode buffer. listener.el gives much better remote evaluation and
error aborting than inf-lisp. Im making a new version of listener.el
now -- im testing it in emacs/linux xemacs/windows and
emacs/xemacs/osx. I spent hours downloading emacs for cygwin only to
find that it was just the crappy old terminal version! maybe you have
to congidure x windows in cygwin somehow before it works??