[CM] Re: CM book

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 7 May 2003 15:18:42 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C314AB.F1EFE5E0

Hi, thank you, its possible you a reading with a browser that doesnt do =
css2
but you dont tell me what browser you are using.  For best results you
should use a browser that is "web-compliant' with xhtml and ccs2. In
particular, you will have problems of some sort if you use IE 5 or 6 or =
any
Netscape less than 7.
(I think IE 6 has a hard time with the quotations)

Here are a list of browsers that comply to web standards that you can =
choose
from -- all of them are free.

Windows: Mozilla, Netscape 7, Opera
Linux: Mozilla, Galeon, Netscape 7, Konqueror
OSX:  Camino, Mozilla, Safari, Netscape 7
MACOS, Mozilla Netscape 7

> Hi Rick,
>
> Just wanted to say I really appreciate the work you've put into the =
book.
> Really excellent!
>
> Also, I wanted to let you know of a possible (minor) bug.  I printed =
out
> some of the chapters to read while on the bus to work and noticed that =
the
> quotes that are a part of the heading to some of the chapters prints =
out
> funny.  They all end up being thin columns that don't span the width =
of
the
> page.  Thought you might like to know.
>
> Thanks again for the wonderful text and software!
> steven

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C314AB.F1EFE5E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCourier size=3D2><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" =
size=3D3>Hi, thank=20
you, its possible you a reading with a browser that doesnt do =
css2<BR>but you=20
dont tell me what browser you are using.&nbsp; For best results =
you<BR>should=20
use a browser that is "web-compliant' with xhtml and ccs2. =
In<BR>particular, you=20
will have problems of some sort if you use IE 5 or 6 or any<BR>Netscape =
less=20
than 7.<BR>(I think IE 6 has a hard time with the =
quotations)<BR><BR>Here are a=20
list of browsers that comply to web standards that you can =
choose<BR>from -- all=20
of them are free.<BR><BR>Windows: Mozilla, Netscape 7, Opera<BR>Linux: =
Mozilla,=20
Galeon, Netscape 7, Konqueror<BR>OSX:&nbsp; Camino, Mozilla, Safari, =
Netscape=20
7<BR>MACOS, Mozilla Netscape 7<BR><BR><BR><BR>&gt; Hi =
Rick,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Just=20
wanted to say I really appreciate the work you've put into the =
book.<BR>&gt;=20
Really excellent!<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Also, I wanted to let you know of a =
possible=20
(minor) bug.&nbsp; I printed out<BR>&gt; some of the chapters to read =
while on=20
the bus to work and noticed that the<BR>&gt; quotes that are a part of =
the=20
heading to some of the chapters prints out<BR>&gt; funny.&nbsp; They all =
end up=20
being thin columns that don't span the width of<BR>the<BR>&gt; =
page.&nbsp;=20
Thought you might like to know.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; Thanks again for the =
wonderful=20
text and software!<BR>&gt; =
steven<BR>&gt;</FONT><BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C314AB.F1EFE5E0--