[CM] sequence help

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:21:46 -0500

you can use the 'finally' option to chain processes together like so:

(define (doit )
   (process repeat (random 300)
            output (new ...)
            wait (whatever)
            finally (sprout (doit) (now))))

that is, the last thing the current process does is to sprout a new
process that starts at its current time.  a more genereal solution
would be for me to reimpleent the functionality of the old 'thread'
container. this is actually on my 'todo' list, unfortunately that list
is very long!