[CM] scorefile, guile and nil

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 05:57:06 -0500

> After doing (define nil #f) it works.
>
> Should this be done globally e.g. at startup of scheme?

hi -- no dont do this. any 'nil' you find in cm's scheme source code is
a bug. it should either be #f or (), depending on whether 'nil' is
standing for boolean false or the empty list in the current context. if
you find a nil, please let me know which file. or maybe i should grep
the sources right now

btw  if portability is an issue for your class, cm defines 'true' and
'false' variables so that you dont have to hardwire boolan values like
#f or nil in your code