[CM] Problems with CM-2.4.0-CLM-2-Openmcl-0.13.6-OSX

Rick Taube taube@uiuc.edu
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 07:08:10 -0500

> I try to use Common Music 2.4.0 with CLM-2 with Heinrich Taubes Book
> as a reference. I work on OSX with openmcl 0.13.6 . Compilation of CLM
> and CM went fine and the image was built without any problem. Loading
> the clm instrument and CLM itself as well is without any problem. But
> it is impossible to access a clm Instrument from CM. Neither by
> calling the object-parameters nor by loading the algorithm. I get the
> error messsage

I think I fixed the problem in the CVS version of CM. Im testing this
system for the book right now and i will be testing before start of
school next week.  In the mean time ive updated the snapshot of it on
the CCRMA ftp server with the fix:

ftp://ftp-ccrma.stanford.edu/pub/Lisp/cm/sources/cm-2.4.0.tar.gz

try deleting all cm fasl files and then using this newer tarfile and
let me know if this fixes it the definstrument.

I cant trigger the reported errors/ problems with midishare. I removed
the shared libs and the cm build script worked fine. I also tried to
trigger the error using clisp on Linux that nando reported but didnt
get the problem. btw when you tried building with midishare installed
did you actually install the headers in ccl:darwin-headers;  ? see

http://commonmusic.sourceforge.net/doc/install.html#install_ms

for more info